This page has been specially formated to be printer friendly
Alcohol Meter Test Instructions
1. Turn on the
PWR On/Off switch.
- The detector will start the countdown from
200 to 000 on the display window.
- This is a “Warm-up “process
to make the sensor and circuit be ready for testing.
2. When you hear
beep sound & green lighting is on READY, please
blow steadily into thepipe until you would hear the “Beep” sound
again. Stop blowing.
- In this stage, if you don’t
blow within 30 seconds, it automatically shows OFF display for turn-off.
- In case you drink quite a little (If
actual concentration would be below 0.01% BAC/0.05mg/l BrAC), it
may not be activated. However it shows still 0.00% and you’re
said to be in safe range.
3. Then, after the red and green
lights are simultaneously flickering for 4 seconds, the test result
will be displayed by 3 digits for 15 seconds.
- If the BAC/BrAC data would be over
0.05% /0.25mg/l (default setting) respectively. Red WARN lamp will
be flickering along with “Alarm” sound.
4. Finally it shows “OFF” for
5. For the successive testing,
try again from No.1 to No.3.
6. Space tests at least 2 minutes
1. After drinking, it is recommended
to test after 20 min.
- It is because it takes 20 min, approximately for alcohol to be absorbed
into the blood from the digestive organs, and residual alcohol remaining
in the mouth takes this long to dissipate.
2. Avoid testing under
strong wind or in the closed room with contaminated air.
3. When the “BAT LOW” lamp
is on, it is advisable to replace 9V alkaline battery.
4. Do not blow cigarette smoke
or liquid into the instrument. It will damage the sensor. Wait 1 minute
after smoking before a test.
5. Although the Digital Alcohol
detector analyzes blood alcohol concentration accurately, do not use
Digital Alcohol detector as a tool to drink and drive.
6. Keep it under 32-104 (F) and
out of the reach of children
7. In normal use, the Digital
Alcohol detector requires re- calibration every 6-12 months to obtain
accurate results. Discuss this with Simplicity Health for re-calibration.
8. Do not leave Digital Alcohol
detector car adaptor connected with the cigar lighter.